Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I hate biographical detail. There are, however, a few things I can tell you without much risk, and they are:

I was born in CA in a year beginning with the number 19. I am unmarried and have no natural children. I knew Walt Disney and worked for him as one of the first 10 tour guides at Disneyland in the 60's. Working at Fender Guitar, I watched Hendrix test a custom made Stratocaster in the warehouse out back. My dad was a designer of the cryogenic hydraulics necessary to operate the landing gear on the 6th Surveyor to the moon, and I watched that happen, at Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

While living in Hawaii, I probably rode the same bus along Queen Street in Honolulu that would have carried Barack Obama, traveling between his grandparents home and Punahou School. I was once disguised and flew in a C-130 from Hickam AFB to Guam and back, on a dare from a group of master sergeants, just before the fall of Saigon. A regular at the polo fields of Mokuleia, I met their RHs Phillip and Charles on more than one occasion. Both of them smiled at me repeatedly.

I moved to Oregon in 1986 and went into hibernation. My rebirth occurred sometime in early 2007, then I became aware of the existence of a uniquely delightful silver-haired young man whom we all know and admire. I want to thank whoever was responsible for that discovery, as it sparked my interest in living a life I believed was closed to me. It wasn’t, as it turns out. I’m feeling much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment