Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chapter 3 The Kindness

My new friend had gradually become stronger as we walked together to the house. My mother eventually recovered too. We called him Bloo.

Mother was scared of Bloo, but she knew I wasn’t & tried to show off her confidence. I think Bloo understood; he avoided looking at her.

Looking back from my present perspective, I recognize the arrogance of thinking Bloo was a male. turned out I was only half wrong through.

I didn’t know how to care for Bloo. He didn’t eat; didn’t really seem to have a mouth either. Brushing my teeth definitely frightened him

We didn’t talk but I often felt like he understood exactly what I was doing or wanting. Once he picked an apple before I knew I wanted one

Soon it was apparent that he was trying to communicate with me. We sat for hours just looking at each other. Eventually, I heard him.

He was a “Cray.” They had come very far across the universe to find a world of humanoids. He didn’t say why. He admitted he was a child.

Something had gone wrong with a method of transport from their ship to the Earth below. His parents died. “They had red blood?” I thought.

He had no way to call the ship above. His father was their leader, and now dead. They would be angry with Earth if Bloo didn’t return soon.

I gave him my iPhone. It took two days but he finally figured out how to make it signal his ship. It was many years later that we met again

No comments:

Post a Comment